Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'd Climb a Tree

     Spending most of my life in a self-imposed learning environment, has produced more questions than answers.
     Is human nature as strong or weak as its component parts?
     Observations found in The Naked Ape and The Territorial Imperative help us understand ourselves and our relations with our neighbors. Threats and aggression, and reaction to threats and aggression, become easier to understand. Humans see, humans do.
     Biologists explain that survival of any species relies on competition, and aggression is closely associated with it. How does creativity connect with competition and aggression? How essential is the art of deception? Where do laughter and tears fit in? Fight or flight?
     When confronted with such questions,  I usually eat a banana or walk away. I'd climb a tree, but at 92 I'm too old for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment