Thursday, October 27, 2011

Missing Files at City Hall

Date: January 7th 2011
From: Mayor Susan Feiszli
Dear Mr. Sueben,

I am writing you to document an incident that occurred at City Hall to protect the City from the result of missing files from our Legal Law office.

On December 17th I asked Ron Walsh for his resignation as Corporation Council. Ron said that I would regret doing this. I asked Ron what he meant by that and his response was “you’ll find out”. Under those circumstances it was then that I asked for his immediate resignation instead of finishing out the year.

Ron entered his office on December 19th and deleted the ALL files and emails from the city computer. Ron also removed City files from City Hall.

On December 20th and 21st I called Ron asking for the files, City Law books and keys that were in his possession.

On December 22nd Chief Catalano called Ron Walsh per my request to the above items which were returned later that afternoon to City Hall.

Meira Hertzberg is under contract with the City of Cortland as Corporation Council. She has not been able to locate all of the files on current cases.

Another large file that holds agreements between employees and our former Director of Administration and Finance, Andy Damiano, is also missing from the office of Corporation Council.

Please feel free to call me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Susan Feiszli
Mayor, City of Cortland

No comments:

Post a Comment