Friday, December 2, 2011

Alderman Leonard Slams Code Officer

> From: MARC LEONARD
>
> Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 9:13 PM
> To: Susan Feiszli
> Cc: Bryan Gazda
> Subject: Zoning officer
>
> Congratulations Mayor,
> You dragged me from my favorite tv show after reading the
> paper. You also just reduced permit applicatin fees by
> hiring a dried out burn out who requires more than state
> code actually requires to do a consstruction job. Bruce
> Webber will require plans to build by for a god damn dog
> house!
> keep moving in the right direction!
>
> Very sincerely,
> Mark

> From: Susan Feiszli
> Subject: RE: Zoning officer
> To: "MARC LEONARD"
> Cc: "Bryan Gazda"
> Date: Monday, March 15, 2010, 2:28 PM
> Marc,
>
> I have worked with around 10-15 Code Officers over the past
> twenty years due to my (private design) business.
>
> The majority of the officers give building permits with
> little or no concerns or comments.
>
> Bruce has always taken the time to do a review that meets
> the requirements of New York State Building Code.
> Bruce is also consistent and does not play favorites.
>
> I respect his work and ask that you respect my decision on
> hiring him to replace Amy who did not want to come back on a
> part time basis.
>
> It is unfortunate that the City does not require a building
> contractor permit as we do for Plumbing. There are
> many guys who "work out of the back of their pick-up truck"
> and the homeowner pays for their mistakes. It's
> happened to me as I know it has happened to others.
>
> I disagree with the fact that he requires more that what is
> required by NYS Building Code. He looks out for the
> property owner - not the contractor and that is where I see
> your comments as a potential conflict of interest.
>
> Susan

From: MARC LEONARD
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:58 PM
To: Susan Feiszli
Subject: RE: Zoning officer

Ouch, all my business is referals, no advertising, 18 years of satisfied customers and only a small handfull of code officers that make things more difficult than they need to be. I've had customers refuse permits because they don't want certain code officers in their house. They trust me.

Editor's Note: These series of emails are discoverable and FOILable.

No comments:

Post a Comment