Sunday, August 12, 2012

Who Am I? (Number 11)


     Our marriage situation was getting worse. My husband was a philanderer, and we were thinking about getting a divorce even though we were both Roman Catholic.
     I wonder how the Pope would react if he found a strange woman's bra among his bed sheets?
     My husband was shot to death, leaving me a 34 year-old widow with two young children to raise and send to school, and I did not have a job. We had to move out of the house we were living in, and I decided to move to another city.
     My late husband did not leave me as well off as I needed to be, so I married a second time. There were no illusions about this marriage--I needed the money and he was rich.
     If I do say so, I was quite pretty and stylish, which is what he wanted. So it was a trade off.
     But even so, this marriage wasn't working. We probably should have gotten a divorce, but he died before we could. I did not mourn him at all, but again I did not inherit as much money as I thought I should receive. So I sued the estate and got a decent settlement. I should add that all my friends were shocked at my choice of a second husband, but I didn't care. Money was more important than anybody's approval.
     Following the death of my second husband, I got a modest salaried job while my two kids were growing up. I never lived long enough to know that my son died in a tragic accident. 
     I never married a third time but had an affair with my next door neighbor, who was still married. Some track record, eh? One marriage for love, one for money, and an affair for a combination of both.
     Who I am?
     My name is Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment