Friday, August 30, 2013

J. M. Showerman, M. D.


 
Cortland Evening Standard, Wednesday, July 15, 1896.

Will be at the Cortland House, Wednesday, Aug. 12, Clinton House, Ithaca, Tuesday, Aug. 11.

J. M. Showerman, M. D.

OF ROME, N. Y.,

Who Cures by Vitalization

Through Specific Medication.

   No guessing at results, but absolute certainty over 30 years' practice. The doctor will GUARANTEE A CURE in all kidney and liver troubles, diabetes, inflammation of bladder, enlargement of prostate glands, trouble in passing urine, fits, piles, discharges from ears, inflammation of the eyes, and all female troubles.

Let the Patients Speak for Themselves. Saved!

   For two years I suffered worse than death from inflammation of the bladder and enlargement of the prostate gland. No rest day or night. The agony was unspeakable and almost unendurable, our local physicians did the best on me they could, but I got no relief, and was told nothing but death would end my suffering. I prayed for that, but found out a man could not die when he wanted to. In my extremity I applied to Dr. Showerman, of Rome, and was told at once that my case was curable. He commenced treating me, and now I rejoice in comparative health, and Dr. Showerman did it. I will answer any letters from sufferers like me gladly,

   Hamilton, Jan. 9th, '95. J. F. Howe

Weakness of Men.

   Quickly, thoroughly and forever cured by a new and perfected scientific method which never fails unless the case is beyond human aid. You feel improved from the start and soon know yourself a king among men in body and mind. Ladies who have lost their vigor and vitality restored to perfect health.
   CONSULTATION FREE.  If you have been given up as incurable don't despair, but see Dr. Showerman and get his opinion. Advise your invalid friends to see the Doctor. Remember the day and date. Dr. Showerman is at his office in Rome every Saturday.

                                                                 A Card.

   Reader, can you imagine how it would be to receive a pardon from a death sentence? This is how I felt when Dr. Showerman pronounced me cured of sugar diabetes after other physicians said there was no help for me, and I must die. I feel as though Dr. Showerman had pulled me out of the grave.

MRS. MARY S. RYDER,
108 Groton-ave.,
Cortland, N. Y.

   The doctor will be at the Cortland House, July 8, Ithaca, July 7.



References:
1) History of Herkimer County by George Anson  Hardin: J. M. Showerman, born at Batavia, N. Y., residence Batavia ; College of Physicians and Surgeons of Buffalo, February 22, 1882. Registered April 29, 1889.”

No comments:

Post a Comment