Monday, November 12, 2018

AN EPIPHANY


Joe Bakewell.

An Epiphany

I have wasted a lot of time lately thinking about how much time I’ve wasted on the issue of special interest corruption in DC. Although I believe this to be the defining issue of our time, as far as I can tell, I’ve failed to persuade a single individual to vote directly against said corruption. The reasons for this seem to be deeply embedded in our culture. No matter, I’ve decided to get a grip and move on.

This will come as good news to many of you—no more boring essays bemoaning a problem that seems unfixable, and in any event, is far less interesting than the issues of the day dished up by a compliant media.

I feel a twinge of guilt in writing this, realizing that my children and grandchildren will experience some kind of reckoning and a realization that voting makes no difference at all. But, as I’ve often said, no one knows the future. Perhaps Micawber (David Copperfield) will finally be right. “Something will turn up.”

In the meantime, I’ll be getting on with the rest of my life.

Joe Bakewell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment