Thursday, November 12, 2020

THE END OF THE WORLD?

Joe Bakewell.

THE END OF THE WORLD?

Our recent presidential election turned into a media circus. A tempest in a tea pot, according to our ever so patriotic media. If it bleeds, it leads.

I’ve been concerned for our national welfare given the chaos surrounding the recent election. What’s to become of us if we don’t have a president on time?

Then I started thinking, the mail is still being delivered; social security checks included. The lights are on, gasoline is available, groceries are at the market. And on it goes. No doubt, we still need a president, and it appears we’ll have one, Biden, on schedule.

So, will we return to ‘tribal politics’ as part of who we are? Follow the money.

Our founding fathers came up with the only means of functioning with this reality (tribal politics). It’s called ‘Democracy.’ Too bad we sold ours to Special Interests years ago.

I know, I promised to let it go and I will (I’m 89 years old). Sure would like to be around to see if enough people wise up and deal with it.

Joe Bakewell.

https://joebakewell.wordpress.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment