Tuesday, November 3, 2020

WAITING

 
Joe Bakewell.

WAITING. 

I’m waiting for something to happen. Well not just anything. 

Was there actually a world series? Will there be a super bowl? I know there’s an election going on, but given my conviction that corruption is our nation’s overriding issue, it’s difficult for me to get excited over which set of crooks are in charge, especially as long as Covid 19 alters every aspect of our lives. 

So, there it is; a vaccine is what I’m looking forward to. What will it be like, going to the store, without a mask, whenever I feel like it? 

What aspects of our lives have been altered for the foreseeable future? 

What yearnings will we try to satisfy, and how will we go about it? I’m thinking about friends and relatives. Have we become a nation of loners, like city-dwellers, not knowing the person next door? Or will we find ourselves sitting on the front stoop, conversing while we watch kids playing on the sidewalk?

I tend to be pessimistic regarding social intercourse, seeing corruption as the source of polarization. Governing has been outsourced to lobbyists, leaving our politicians with little to do but campaign—attack, attack, hate, hate. It’s working for them. 

Joe Bakewell.

https://joebakewell.wordpress.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment