Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Alderman Leonard Draws The Line On April Fool's Day--No Joke Intended

From: Monica Norris
Subject: April 6, 2010
To: Mayor, Department Heads, Alderpersons, Cortland Standard
Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 2:38 PM

Attached is a DRAFT of the Agenda for the April 6, 2010 Common Council meeting.

(Monica)

From: MARC LEONARD
Subject: Re: April 6, 2010
To: "Monica Norris" Mayor's Office
Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 9:12 PM
unless item 23 involves an item that myself and at least two other council members have requested twice already, I will not be attending the meeting on April 6, and I hope that enough other council members will join me in order to snub the quorum requirements. Myself and two other council members went to a meeting and heard a side of a concern, all we ask is to be informed of the other side of the story, I don't think that is too much to ask. We feel that one or more seasoned members may be "skating around us" we just want a discussion about an issue. (which has been requested twice, just a reminder)
Another beef; I respect what the media people need to do, but I'm not going to wait around while they interview people that are supposed to be going into executive session. They can wait until the end of the council meeting which includes executive session. If anyone is being interviewed on their way into executive session, I'm going home! I've been called a dick many times, I can take it.
I also must say that we have a lot of things on the next agenda and it is not my intent to slow the process, so those that are responsible for the agenda items now know what to do to get me to the meeting.
My computer is at the repair joint again, I'm using my daughters computer now. I will not be reached by e-mail after today, April,1. Susan, you need to call me on my cell phone prior to Tuesday in order for me to decide whether or not I will be attending Tuesdays council meeting!
Happy Easter everyone!

(Marc)

Editor's Note: These public domain emails are discoverable and FOILable.

No comments:

Post a Comment