Thursday, March 8, 2012

City Needs To Hire A Pro

     For years and years the City of Cortland used to negotiate all union contracts in house. It cost the city hundreds of thousands of dollars.
     It wasn't until a couple of years ago that a professional was brought in for these negotiations. When the old contracts were looked at , the professional remarked that he had never seen such lucrative salaries and benefits in any city or town he had worked in.
     Now I am ALL for unions. However if I was an employer, I surely would want a PRO to do all the negotiating so I could be protected as well.
     Which brings me to this: It seems the City is going to have to depend on a Swim Coach and a Newspaper Delivery guy to negotiate a 26 million dollar Tax revenue deal with the county. Neither of them has the foggiest idea, or the background, to take on such a huge undertaking. It seems to me that the city would be better served to hire a PRO to do this. It would be MORE than worth the expense to do so, when one considers that if not properly done, it could cost the city over a MILLION dollars in revenues !!

Phillip Marlowe

No comments:

Post a Comment