Monday, March 15, 2021

ISSUES IN OUR TIMES

 
Joe Bakewell.

ISSUES IN OUR TIMES.

In my lifetime, I’ve lived through the  Great Depression, WW2, The Cold War, and several financial crises. Our current situation seems the worst ever. But, with time, it may fade and appear no worse than WW2.

For now, I see our current issues as so numerous, and emotionally charged, as to give me a sense of hopelessness. I envy our politicians and those of us who have clearly identified one of the Parties as evil, giving them license to wallow in hatred while thinking of themselves as saviors of our civilization.

Looking ahead to our next election, you can bet that our politicians will be pushing an “end of the world” scenario wherein hatred is a key ingredient.

I’ll be looking for a way to vote that undermines the special interest corruption that funds the mess. But that’s just tokenism. Until a patriotic billionaire shows up, I’m going limp.

Joe Bakewell.
https://joebakewell.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment