Saturday, March 20, 2021

PHILOSOPHY

 
Joe Bakewell.

Philosophy

I’ve reached an age where the arithmetic is simple; I haven’t got a great many years left. This is not a morbid thought merely an observation that affects my outlook on the state of the world around me. How invested do I want to get in issues and problems beyond my control?

My answer is to remain as detached as possible while paying more attention to the quality of life for my wife and myself. ‘Quality of life’ includes concern for family and friends.

One issue that can’t be ignored is finance. How does one protect one’s nest egg during a national spending orgy financed by debt? I know that the plan is to stimulate the economy to the point where the debt is inconsequential, but reassurances from people who’ve never met a payroll leave me looking for a safe harbor.

I welcome your views on the above. You need not agree with me.

A few ground rules: Do not send copies of published articles, or opinions that are nothing more than rehashes of tribal propaganda. Let’s hear what YOU think. Original thinking might be fun, and will not be criticized. 

Joe Bakewell.

[Note: Please direct comments to Joe Bakewell's blog, and include verifiable name. CC editor.]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment